12 October 2010
© G. Wilkinson First British Serial Rights and Non-exclusive use on http://www.thisisyork.org/
Photo Rights: Single use, non-exclusive, UK editorial rights and Non-exclusive use on The Press website granted.
This appeared in the York Press on 16.10.10. Grateful thanks to George Wilkinson for sharing the walk with usFact File
- Distance: Five miles.
- General Location: Near Selby.
- Start: Millfield Road, Chapel Haddlesey.
- Right of Way: Public and British Waterways route.
- Dogs: Legal.
- Date walked: October 2010.
- Road Route: From York via A19.
- Car Parking: At Haddlesey Church Community Hall, by permission, if nothing on there.
- Lavatories: None.
- Refreshments: Jug Inn at Chapel Haddlesey, George and Dragon at West Haddlesey.
- Tourist & Public Transport Information: Selby TIC 01757 212181.
- Map: Drawn from OS Explorer 290 York, Selby and Tadcaster.
- Terrain: Flood plain.
- Difficulty: Easy.
- Directions: Click here (Download Document)
- Please observe the Country Code and park sensibly. While every effort is made to provide accurate information, walkers set out at their own risk.